Slot A - Amen (Meek Mill RMX)





CHI:  Slot just dropped a fye remix of Meek Mill's hit "Amen". Check the story of how the track was constructed:


"Sunday, I went through some songs in my serato setting up crates and what not and stumbled upon, Jimmy McGriff's "Miss Poopie" record. First thoughts, this would sound really ill with Amen by Meek Mill. I blended the two records and I instantly got excited. Took the sample into my favorite workstation (d.a.w.) Ableton Live and went to town. Added the Michael McDonald "Minute by Minute" sample to add some minor variation and the grove was just there. I was going to hold this for my students (I teach a production class to high school students in the burbs of Chicago) and show them how I made the beat but why not share it? Enjoy."







0 Comments