Pharrell Williams Files Lawsuit Against Will.i.am



First it was reported that producer Will.i.am of the Black Eyed Peas was suing Neptunes producer Pharrell Williams over the title I Am Other. Although Will.i.am didn't file a lawsuit but a notice of opposition instead, Williams filed a lawsuit against him.

According to TMZ, in response to Will.i.am's cease and desist letter telling Pharrell that he owns everything to the phrase I Am, Williams said his use of I Am is different than Will's use of the term, which stems from Sam I Am from Dr. Seuss.

Pharrell said I Am Other means I am something else, with else meaning whatever the listener imagine.

"It certainly does not mean I Am Will," Williams explained.

In the lawsuit the Neptunes member is asking the judge to allow him to continue to use the I Am Other trademark.

Should Pharrell be able to use I Am Other? Is Will.i.am overreacting?
@mstekeyla

0 Comments