Why Kanye West Chose Adidas Over Nike?



Everyone knows when Kanye West is feeling a certain kind of way he goes on a rant for weeks at a time. His latest ball of confusion was with Nike after he turned down a deal with them to sign a deal with Adidas.

Apparently, West had some beef with Nike because he went on a serious rant about the company last month during a concert. He said Nike tried to son him meaning he is the sun and he shines bright, according to him.

"And when I don't have as much money as a billionaire and when I don't have the factories that, that dude has over there, what I do have is my voice. Ain't no cooperation that can take me away from my voice and I'm going to scream at the top of my motherf*****g mountain as loud as I want," West  said.

He later did an interview with Hot 97 where he said had he not have had a daughter he would have taken the Nike deal because he loves Nike so much.

"But the new me, with a daughter, takes the Adidas deal, because I have royalties, and I have to provide for my family," he added.

Recently, West did an interview with I Am Tall Boy where he apologized to Nike for his past frustrations and said he appreciated all they did for him when he was trying to promote his Yeezy sneakers.

"I really appreciate everything they did for me. I'm not knocking them on the way out or burning no bridges. I apologize for my frustrations earlier," West told Tall Boy.

He also said it felt good to be able to create a product that he could control the prices and quality on. West said he feels very comfortable having a great partner backing his ideas and allowing him to be creative. 

"Giving me that shot the same way how Dame Dash gave me a record deal ten years ago, gave me a shot and I was able to do something creative with it," West said.

Looks like Yeezy sneakers will be on the market soon. Will you be purchasing a pair?
@mstekeyla





0 Comments