Nicki Minaj Speaks On Being Discredited As A Female Lyricist

 
 
 
In a recent interview with MTV First female rapper Nicki Minaj spoke on why she feels she doesn't get the credit she deserves as a lyricist. The first lady of Young Money said male domination in hip hop is the reason why she doesn't get the credit she deserves.
 
Minaj also self proclaimed herself as being a better lyricist than most male rappers in the industry.
 
"This time I care less about the acceptance and more about me being the lyrical, ill b***h that I am. Knowing that I am lyrically better than most of the male rappers out there," Minaj ranted.
 
"Yes, I' m gonna say it. I don't get the credit that I deserve," Minaj said.
 
Minaj went on to say men run the hip hop game and they will not recite a females song because they feel funny. She mentioned the song "Up In Flames' from "The Re-Up" album saying had a male been on the track it would have been talked about!
 
So what do you think? Is Nicki Minaj a better lyricist than some of the male rappers? Do you think she gets the credit she deserves?
@mstekeyla
 
 
 

0 Comments